Thursday, October 26, 2006

Spring and a holiday, what a great combination…
Ok it rained most of the time!
But I loved the chance to have a few days to rest, reflect, recharge, re… anything else I could think of.

As I write this I can see my plum tree and all its new growth for spring.
This year I paid more attention to the tree, and put fertiliser around it at just the right time.
Looks like I am going to get a great crop….yummy!

Spring is a time for me to reinvent part of my life.
Winter for many of us sometimes sees us hibernate in different areas of our lives.
Spring therefore reminds us about new life, a new start.
An opportunity to grow new growth.

For me part of that new growth was I needed to reinvent part of my quiet time…especially in the area of reading my Bible.
I prayerfully sat down and came up with a new plan that will reinvigorate my reading of God’s word. It’s realistic and challenging all wrapped up in one.

One of the reasons for doing this was the challenge I felt in my own heart from God, to go up a gear in this new season.

Have I felt down or condemned over this? No Way!
I have felt reinvigorated to go after God more.
To reinvent areas that maybe have not had enough attention in the previous season.

My challenge to you this week…
To ask God what areas in life you might need to review.
Relax about what he shows you, and put a plan in place.
If you take the time to fertilise areas you want to grow in your life, you will get much better results!

No comments: