Wednesday, October 11, 2006

I love the idea of reading...is it just that I am not so good at it…

Currently I am reading a number of books at the same time, which is not too bright, but I am up for the challenge.
Some of them include:
- An Unstoppable Force / Erwin McManus
- Chazown / Craig Groeschel
- Your Church Has A Fantastic Future / Robert Schuller

WHY?

Something I have learnt is that we need to keep our ‘Faith Fresh’.
You can not live on past revelation alone for too long.
Either it will bore you or stop you in a time warp that even you can not perceive.

I know that even with all that I may have learnt already in life, that I need to know more.
I want to understand how this God thing works!
I want to have answers when people ask me questions!
...so I invest in myself by reading and studying...so that I have something to offer others.

I am not too proud to say that I do not know everything.

What we have is an awesome opportunity in our time to learn and gain understanding about what we believe in.
If you are struggling to come to terms with some sort of ‘God thing’, why not read about it.
Wrestle with it until it makes sense to you.


‘Books’ have undoubtedly shaped the lives of other Christians around the world.
God uses this medium to help us all to grow in some way.

How about you grab a great ‘christian’ book today and start reading with me...

No comments: