Wednesday, May 03, 2006

I have got another traffic story for you...

After dropping Jack off I hit the motorway.
Like most of you I am secretly praying that by some divine miracle that the roads will be clear. That I will arrive at work in record time and totally relaxed. But who am I kinding? I live in Auckland.

Today was just like any other day.
It is normally not bad in regards to flow until you get to a certain section. Generally you will always find yourself stopped there surrounded by people just like you. For that brief moment in time you have everything in common with them. No matter what happened before that day or what station of life you are in....the motorway can be the great 'leveler'.
At this point no one cares what sort of car you drive, we are all the same!

Today I looked behind me and noticed a young guy in a really nice car. You could see he was listening to an iPod or similar and just waiting there like me. But I began to think about him. To wonder what life was like for him...and then something happened...I found myself praying for him. I was asking God to bless him, to save him, to meet him where he was at.
It was at that point I realised I could turn this frustration of a traffic jam into a time where I could pray for those around me.
As soon as we started to move I found myself praying for the van in front, praying for the lady beside me...it was fun!

All of us like people praying for us. We love it when we know that someone is talking to God on our behalf.
So next time you are stuck in traffic...I dare you to look around and find someone to talk to God about it.
You will probably be the only one praying for them that day.
Just imagine what God might do with your prayer for them.

No comments: