Thursday, May 11, 2006

I love coffee!
It is such an amazing drink...

When you get a coffee from your favourite cafe, a lot has happened, and has to happen to make sure you enjoy your coffee.


Those simple beans have to be picked right
Roasted Right
Ground Right
Drawn Right
Then you add the milk...
It has to be Right
Stretched Right
Heated Right
Poured Right
...and finally you get it with a smile.

While thinking about this, I couldn't help but see how our lives are like this process.
We are like a bean, raw and untainted.
Before we can be exactly who we need to be, God works on us little by little.
Sometimes it feels like you are being roasted. Other times like being ground.
But in the end we can be something of huge value to those around us.

Without some refining, without some pruning, we can't be all we can be.

The Bible says this...
James 1:2-4
2Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, 3because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. 4Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.

Jesus said the following...
John 15:1-2
1"I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener. 2He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes so that it will be even more fruitful.

Again, I love my coffee. I can see that the process it goes through is worth it!
The process you may be going through will be even more worth it!!!

No comments: