Thursday, February 23, 2006

I mentioned last week about Jack going to school now...
Well that is a new part of my daily routine. I take Jack to school on my way to work, which I really enjoy.
For at least 10 minutes it is just us two...our little time together.

On monday we were driving there and Jack asks me a question...
"Daddy, how can I go to heaven, cause I don't know how to get there."
What made this question a pivotal one is that Jack was getting upset thinking about it. He was truly concerned he was going to miss out because he didn't know the directions. He knows simple things like where Nana's house is, where the school is...basically because he has already been there many times before. But in his mind he was panicing...because he hadn't been to heaven before.

So here I am...on the spot, feeling like I have 2 seconds to give him the perfect answer and I have no idea what to say!
I open my mouth and these words just fall out...
"Jack, you know that when you die your body stops right?"
"Yes Daddy"
"Well God also made you with a spirit that lives inside you and can never die. When you body stops your spirit knows how to get to heaven, so you don't need to worry about it"

Jack was stoked with my answer. I was simply stoked that I had a answer!

The Bible says this statement:
"be prepared in season and out of season" (2tim4:1-3)

God wants you to have answers for people when they really need some answers...

So how do you get prepared/be prepared?

If you want to have have answers you need two things:
To know some of the "Word"
Notice I didn't say the whole bible. I would encourage to learn as much as you can at whatever stage of your walk you are at. Keep learning, studying, letting it get into you. That is a well you can then draw from.
Trust that the Holy Spirit will guide you
The Bible talks about the Holy Spirit helping us with answers when we don't know what to say.
So just trust that that will actually happen for you.

An amazing thing I have found is that the answers affect you and the hearer.
When God uses you like this you learn at the same time.
There is also an amazing feeling for you when you are a mouth piece for God. Nothing else matches that feeling.

Don't be afraid to let God use you...you will actually enjoy it!

No comments: