Monday, November 11, 2019

Measuring Cups

Measuring cups are extremely important to my family!
Right now if you asked me I could tell you exactly where they are in our kitchen, what 4 different types we have, and what graduations of each style.
I feel safe to say that we use them pretty much every day.
From my weekly pancake breakfast I make through to my wife's fantastic baking - measuring cups are a natural part of our family life.

I was thinking about them recently because I remembered something Jesus taught...
"...with the measure you use, it will be measured to you."
Matthew 7:2 NIV

Everyone of us right now is measuring out all sorts of ingredients into our world.
We are measuring out various amount of grace, love, acceptance, forgiveness on a moment by moment basis every single day.
In fact you are so used to doing so, you portably don't give it too much thought, most of us don't.

But here is what I wanted to encourage you to do this day, this week...
I want you to consider with me what ingredients you would like to offer the world around you. Because with the measure you use, it always comes back to you in some form.
This is not karma or the like, it is a Kingdom principle.
Maybe you are wondering why you aren't experiencing love?
Add a cupfull to those you currently have in your life and see what comes back...
Maybe you are wondering why others don't seem patient with you?
Add a cupfull to people you interact with...
You probably get me point?

My wife bakes great things!
Everything from banana loaf through to amazing cakes.
She knows in the natural she won't be able to create for herself what she is envisioning to create without the right measure of all the ingredients.
It is the same in the spiritual.
You need the right measure for the right result.

So my friend let's get baking together.
Let's pour out the right measure of everything into our world.
And let's live expectant to see what God can cook up with it...

Something to think about...

*Image Copyright Artisanal Kitchen Supply Measuring Cups*

No comments: