Wednesday, December 13, 2017

I generally say "yes"

Even that title kind of gets me thinking about how I approach my life...

When someone asks you for help.
When you notice a need.
When God puts something on your heart.
What is honestly your first 'heart' response?

I think I am a "yes" man.
If someone asks to see me, I generally say yes pretty quickly.
If someone asks me for something, if I notice a need I have the power to meet, I find a way to act on the yes of my heart.
When I think God is asking me to do something for Him, no matter what questions I have, I answer yes as fast as I can.

In fact I have learnt that saying yes more than no has been good for my faith and life.
Please don't get me wrong. I am not encouraging anyone to burn out with good intentions or strive to prove ones worth with saying yes to everything. Readers of my blog know I can say no occasionally.
But I do have a personal conviction that God is into us saying yes more than no.

Check out these cool verses and think and pray over saying yes maybe a little more?

By faith Abraham, when called to go to a place he would later receive as his inheritance, obeyed (he said yes) and went, even though he did not know where he was going. Hebrews 11:8 niv

28..Jesus asked them, “Do you believe I can make you see?”
“Yes, Lord,” they told him, “we do.”
29Then he touched their eyes and said, “Because of your faith, it will happen.” Matthew 9:28-29 nlt

Saying yes is not about having it all worked out.
Saying yes is an act of faith. It is based on the limited knowledge you carry and the trust you have in who you are following.
I don't say yes because I am perfect or know everything.
I don't say yes because I know exactly how it will go.
I say yes because I want a Jesus adventure.
I say yes because I want God to know He can count on me.

Something to think about...

No comments: