Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Sceptre

What does Grace and an extended Sceptre have in common? Everything!

For many of us, when we know in our hearts we have done something silly, we don't feel we can approach God.
I have watched this in my own life at times. Thinking I need to prove my repentance with counter action. If I can show God just sorry I am, then and only then will He approve of me again...

I was thinking about this recently and remembered the account in scripture of a young lady.
She needed to approach the king and doing so, it could cost her very life. She understood from the handed down customs and expectations, that if the king didn't want to see her as she approached, he could actually have her killed.

She prepares her heart by fasting.
Goes to the throne room full of trepidation...

1...Esther dressed in her royal robes and went to the inner court of the palace in front of the throne. The king was sitting there, facing the open doorway. 2 He was happy to see Esther, and he held out the gold scepter to her.
When Esther came up and touched the tip of the scepter, 3 the king said, “Esther, what brings you here? Just ask, and I will give you as much as half of my kingdom.” 
Esther 5:1-3 esv

Esther forgot what we forget.
The Kings heart for us.
When she approached the king she was so focused on culture, the rules, hers and others expectations, that she missed the fact the kings heart was always for her and not against her.

All that matters as we approach God is our heart.
It is always about that for Him and should be for us as well.
All you need to do is prepare your heart for a moment, take a deep breath and humbly come to Him.

Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, 
that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need. 
Hebrews 4:16 nkjv

Before you even need to come to God, His heart is for you.
God's sceptre of grace is ready and waiting to be extended to you right now!

Something to thing about...

No comments: