Wednesday, May 03, 2017

I am a storehouse!

You might think that this is a strange statement to make about myself?
But I firmly believe that this is what God has in part made you and I to be.

This verse has always intrigued me...
“Therefore every teacher of the law who has become a disciple in the kingdom of heaven is like the owner of a house who brings out of his storeroom new treasures as well as old.” Matthew 13:52 niv

You see for the longest time I was always focused on my faith being about leaving behind and moving forward. Letting go of the old and embracing the new. Forgetting the past and only looking to the future. And those things are right and true. But I believe there is more...

In regards to our sinful and forgiven past - yes we leave that behind.
In regards to what we have discovered about God - don't box Him in, and expect to discover more.

When I read that verse I think God is asking me to be a storehouse.
Someone who keeps and catalogues all I have learned and discovered in God.
Someone who is looking at add to my storehouse of experience and discoveries.
Someone expecting fresh revelation in due course.
And ultimately to be a storehouse that is ready to give out to others.

You see a godly storehouse is not a crypt or a grave for past revelations.
What you have learned was there for you, and then to be a store for others to draw from.
You are a living storehouse that should be continually looking to add to the store of the goodness of God.
The more you have in your store, the more you have to offer.

I think God wants me to be a great disciple who gives out when is needed, from my storehouse life. Sometimes from what I have learned in the past and also what I having revelation about right now...

Something to think about...

No comments: