Wednesday, May 10, 2017

How should I behave?


I love watching lots of random clips on youtube.
It suits my short attention span and desire for variety I guess?

The other day a particular clip was suggested to me (to be honest I am not sure why) and I clicked to see what the fuss was about.
Very simply a reporter is waiting to do 'his report' on something, we don't actually discover what.
While he composes himself, a lady appears in the camera shot to which you are maybe thinking "who cares, that probably happens a lot". But what happens next I have to admit disturbed me.
And it got me thinking about my life, my faith, and how I choose to behave around others...

This dear lady as she is walking around the reporter and camera man, thinks that is ok to spit and sniff. Now she doesn't do it once she does it again and again. All the while explaining she has a cold and it is apparently not contagious.
Continuing to walk around sniff, spit, sniff spit...
I thought it was gross.
It bothered me that she thought it was ok to behave like this.

Now here was the challenge to me...
How do I behave in front of others? What do I think is acceptable?
In the world we live, there are as many opinions on this as there are options.
To this lady sniff and spit is acceptable behaviour. To others it is not.

You know what? I love how God helps me out on this.
His Word is filled with practical instruction and advice on how I should behave.

1 Peter 2:12 tlb
Be careful how you behave among your unsaved neighbors; for then, even if they are suspicious of you and talk against you, they will end up praising God for your good works when Christ returns.

Philippians 1:27 niv
Whatever happens, conduct yourselves in a manner worthy of the gospel of Christ...

I have been reading through 1 and 2 Corinthians recently and it speaks the same.
It is filled with how I should behave.
I find it challenging and I want to live up to the challenge.

In fact Paul summed it up for me when he says this...

2 Corinthians 5:15 niv
and He died for all, that those who live should live no longer for themselves, but for Him who died for them and rose again.

How do you want to behave? It is indeed a choice.
Let's all live our lives for Christ in a manner worthy of what He sacrificed for us.
Let's behave how He would love us to behave. Nothing else matters.

Something to think about...

No comments: