Wednesday, October 05, 2016

What is God looking for? Part 1

Many of us say we are on a journey looking for God.
Trying to seek Him out. Discovering what He is truly like.
Who He can be to each of us personally.

What you may not have realised is God is also looking...
But what could the God who created everything be looking for?
Over the next few blog entries I thought we could look at this together.

Check out this account for Matthews Gospel with me.

5 When Jesus had entered Capernaum, a centurion came to him, asking for help. 6 “Lord,” he said, “my servant lies at home paralyzed, suffering terribly.”
7 Jesus said to him, “Shall I come and heal him?”
8 The centurion replied, “Lord, I do not deserve to have you come under my roof. But just say the word, and my servant will be healed. 9 For I myself am a man under authority, with soldiers under me. I tell this one, ‘Go,’ and he goes; and that one, ‘Come,’ and he comes. I say to my servant, ‘Do this,’ and he does it.”
10 When Jesus heard this, he was amazed and said to those following him, “Truly I tell you, I have not found anyone in Israel with such great faith. 
Matthew 8:5-10 niv

What impressed Jesus about this man?
He discovered that he actually understood what faith was.
Maybe it was a shock / surprise because God's people normally think they have faith down pat. But yet this man with a limited understanding of God, seemed to understand it more...

Jesus also famously asked this question after teaching about prayer.

"....when the Son of Man comes, will he find faith on the earth?” Luke 18:8 niv

God is looking for faith...simple as that.
He is more interested in your faith than your fashion.
More responsive to faith than flashy religious expression.
It is all about faith a faith a faith...

With that in mind, God is looking to you and I to have faith.
To operate in faith.
To let faith be one of the major defining characteristics of our life and ministry.
The question He is wanting to discover and is looking for, is just how much we are willing to live by it.

Something to think about...

No comments: