Friday, April 08, 2016

Questions that GOD asks...(blog series part 1)

God loves to ask us questions!
Never because He doesn't know the answer, but because His questions have the power to bring life changing revelation to our lives!

Check this one out with me for a minute...

Who Made Your Mouth?

Exodus 4:11 niv
The Lord said to him, “Who gave human beings their mouths? Who makes them deaf or mute? Who gives them sight or makes them blind? Is it not I, the Lord?

No matter who you are there are times when we face that scary moment of having to say something. Having to respond to a situation.
Having to answer to an accusation thrown our way.
Having to give advice to someone who desperately needs some great advice.
Sometimes we have to say something when we least want to, feel less than qualified, or are simply feeling too empty to have something of value to share.

God asked Moses this question "who made your mouth?".
God already knew He had done it. He just needed Moses to have a revelation of that fact.
God designed your mouth to be used to bless and not curse.
Designed it to be filled with good things, life giving words, words of hope and love.
He put your mouth on your face to change the world around you.
And He takes responsibility to a huge degree on what you will use it for. All it takes is a willing heart to let Him use it for His purpose.

Whenever I am about to speak on His behalf...
Whenever I am walking toward a difficult discussion...
Whenever I know the next thing I say could influence someones life...
I pray. I ask God to fill my mouth with the words He would like me to say.

I can honestly say that after years of doing this I am still blown away by the words He gives me!
Such fun!!!

Something to think about...


Each Week at elim christian centre taupo we are teaching a series by the same name.
Everyone welcome to join us! Sunday 10am | Wednesday 7pm | Rotary House, 12 Story Place, Taupo

No comments: