Wednesday, September 02, 2015

You Can!

Each morning I spend a few moments reading through articles relating to our faith to learn, to be challenged and to be encouraged.
Something struck me that I wanted to share about for a few moments...

I have been 'wrestling' with quoting the Bible 'in context' lately.
I am a huge fan of being biblically correct whatever that means. The last thing I want to do is teach rubbish that harms anyone elses faith. The very thought makes me feel nauseous!!!
I am also a huge fan on God's Word being what we call Rhema. Where it is highlighted in places, even out of context sometimes, as God is speaking directly to you about something.

A writer was commenting on misquoted Bible verses. 
One in a particular is seen on a few sports persons arms, either via tattoo or bandage. 
"I can do all this through him who gives me strength".
They were saying it is not in context. Simple as that. 
That God wasn't meaning sport and physical endeavour when Paul penned it.

This is what I think. I think it is both.
It is what it needs to be for you, in that moment, for you to grow in your faith and relationship with God.
You just need to recognise which one it is and be honest about your approach.

In Context...
If you read the verses leading up to the statement, it becomes more clear what the context of what Paul was sharing is.
10I rejoiced greatly in the Lord that at last you renewed your concern for me. Indeed, you were concerned, but you had no opportunity to show it. 11I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. 12I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. 13I can do all this through him who gives me strength. Philippians 4:10-13

Paul was talking about the fact he can do all things because God can help him through all things.
For Paul it was all about his faith journey.

To quote Brian Orme - "This verse is a tribute to a man who learned to follow God in any circumstance. Whatever came Paul’s way, he handled with faith. It could be stoning, prison, shipwreck, beatings, etc." "A beautiful reminder to pursue faith and trust God in the midst of the ups and downs of a life given fully to the cause of Christ."

In context God wants you to know you can!
You can make it. You can get through whatever you are facing as you follow Christ.
If it is hard right now, keep going! God is going to get your through!

Rhema time...
God may be saying to you today..."You Can"!
You are going to achieve _____ because He is with you.
You Can.
You Can.
You Can.
Whatever God has placed in front you to do...

Don't give up my friend. You can do this!

Something to think about...








No comments: