Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Deconstructed

It seems to be fashionable at the moment to deconstruct yummy foods.
If you go somewhere to eat and order something like an apple crumble, they may bring it to you separated out into all the parts they would normally make up the whole.
It gives you an opportunity to see all the components that normally make it work as a whole.

When I read different passages in the Bible I try and deconstruct them in some way. Why?
Because I want to understand how, why, where and all that jazz.
When I treat it like a novel, I can potentially miss what God is trying to say to me.
But when I break it down into its parts, studying how it has been put together and why...then I regularly learn and have revelation.

Don't be afraid to pull a passage apart from scripture and study it!
Dissect it.
Deconstruct it.
Check out all the parts that make it what it appears to be.

If you are not sure how to do this, then just ask me or someone you trust.
Maybe get with a group of disciples and hash it out together.
Use resources like Bible dictionaries, books, commentaries etc to help you along.

I don't think that God is scared of you scrutinising His Word.
He has confidence in what it can do to you when you do!

Something to think about...


No comments: