Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Highlights


Every day I am looking for highlights!
I am not talking about highlights from a sports game or just personal highlights from my week.
I am not meaning those highlights that a hairdresser can add to you head of hair.
But those neon based coloured highlights I add and find throughout my Bibles.
I wonder if you are a like me and regularly highlighting things in your Bible?

What has God spoken to you lately from his Word?
What leapt out so much that you highlighted it?
Here are some of mine from the last few weeks and what they have spoken to me.
My hope is that by sharing these we encourage you to be radical and first read the Word and by doing so, you give yourself a chance for God to speak to you as well...

Genesis 50:20
You intended to harm me, but God intended it for good to accomplish what is now being done, the saving of many lives.

- God has a big picture for my life that goes beyond trials and 'unfair' circumstances
- God will get me where He needs me to be to have the biggest impact I can have
- Even if someone does something to me that seems wrong, could it indeed help get closer to the goal God has for me?

Psalm 19:13
Keep your servant also from willful sins;
may they not rule over me.
Then I will be blameless,
innocent of great transgression.

- Is there a difference between willful and and non wilful sins?
- Reminded about how much I need help from God to not muck things up
- I can not be happy for sin to rule over me. Need to deal!

Psalm 19:14
May these words of my mouth and this meditation of my heart
be pleasing in your sight,
Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer.

- Found myself humming along to the Boney M version of this scripture (help me Jesus!)
- Great prayer and underlining concept to have for our lives!
- Reminds me how my words and my heart are important and how influential they are.
- I need to rely on Jesus to help me with these two keys parts of me

Mark 14:10
Then Judas Iscariot, one of the Twelve, went to the chief priests to betray Jesus to them.

- This staggering concept that people I know who may have seen Jesus do amazing things around them, through them and for them, can still walk away.
- I need to do whatever I can to not be that guy!
- What can I do to help others not be that guy?

Do you have some highlights?
What is God speaking to you and revealing to you through His Word.
Get Radical, Get Reading, Get Highlighting!

Something to think about...
...no don't just 'think about', do something about :)

No comments: