Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Everywhere you go...


I have been thinking about our teaching from last Sunday and a song popped into my head...
"Everywhere you go, you always take the weather
Everywhere you go, you always take the weather, take the weather with you" Crowded House

So what is the link you might be asking?
Well if we are what Jesus said we could and should be - Salt and Light to our world...
Then it stands to reason I am taking something everywhere I go each day.
When I get gas for the car...I am taking something with me.
When I buy a coffee...I am taking something with me.
When I check the mailbox.
Visit the doctor.
Get some dinner for the family.
Everywhere I go I not only experience weather, but I am taking something of God's Kingdom with me!

I am not sure about you, but I find that challenging, sobering and exciting!
Challenged because my life is on show. I represent God on this earth to everyone I come into contact with. His reputation is on the line with every bit of interaction.
Excited because where ever I go and whoever I bump into, I am taking the very power and presence of God with me. The mere fact that I am somewhere, could actually change everything!

Maybe what I need to do is remind myself of this amazing concept every morning?
Maybe this revelation could help me look and prepare for each day just that little more purposefully?

If you are a follower of Jesus like me - embrace who God has called you to be.
Let's change our world together and flavour it well...make it better just by being in it.
Let's start each day telling ourselves just how influential we are, making the most of every godly opportunity.

Something to think about...

No comments: