Tuesday, June 11, 2013

24 hours + 2 people


In a 24 hour period I have had 2 different people say stuff to me about my life that hurt, but it was soooo right! It was sore, not because it wounded me, but because it was there to heal me.
To help me be better. To help me be more effective and ultimately be more like Jesus.

Sometimes you and I need to hear some things that make us feel uncomfortable and squirm a little inside. While it doesn't feel all warm and fuzzy at the time, giving yourself a moment to process what you have just heard could truly change your life.
What I heard has impacted me and got me to be more honest about myself...even my motivations.
I am going to be a better man because of it!
The reason why I write this is is that I am no different to you.
I don't put my hand up and say "speak into my life". In part because I want to feel comfortable.
And truth by nature, will at times feel very uncomfortable.

As we get older and more so called more mature, the tendency is for us to avoid this stuff more and more. Some even focus on being the one to do all the speaking expecting others to listen.
The challenge for each one of us is to make sure we have at least one, if not more, good people who will say the things to us we really do need to hear. It just right way, right time and right environment.

Check this scripture out:
...speaking the truth in love, we will grow to become in every respect the mature body of him who is the head, that is, Christ. Ephesians 4:15 niv

If you are reading this and know you don't have anyone like this...
Or you realise that you have made sure that there is no way anyone could speak into your life...
You have the perfect opportunity to change that!
Be honest and then put yourself into life changing opportunities with other great Christians.

Something to think about...

No comments: