Wednesday, October 17, 2012

I am not ashamed!


That's right I am not ashamed! I am not ashamed or embarrassed about what I believe or why I believe it.

And you are wondering possibly why I am saying this today?
Actually inspired by events during the course of my morning...

This morning an email came through from a certian christian group and in it it had a link to a video posting.
Here was this guy from a reasonably sized church being interviewed about his beliefs.
The very biased interviewer made plenty of silly statements that could have wound him up...but it didn't.
He stayed focused on sharing what was true to his heart and didn't seem ashamed in anyway to stand on his christian values.

Then I was reading an article from twitter about people from another religion, another way of living, believing some pretty radical ideas.
Now I am not wanting to get critical over someone else beliefs, but I had never heard something as weird as a basis for a way of living.
It reminded me that what I beleive, while strange to some other people, is actually not that strange...and certainly nothing to be ashamed of.

I love the fact that my life is built on Jesus!

Paul wrote a letter to the Roman people of his time and as part of his introduction made his bold statement.
You can read in Romans 1:16 that there was no way he could be ashamed of something so powerful, that it can save a life...especially his own.

So as you carry on through your week...my prayer is that Jesus becomes bigger in your vision.
That what He has done and will do flavours your thinking.
And that you can come to a place where in your heart you decide to never be ashamed!

Something to think about..

No comments: