Wednesday, June 06, 2012

Please don't tell me...


It seems to me that there are some messages, teachings, instructions that we sometimes struggle to want to hear...and are in fact the most important to hear.

How often do you hear Christians say things like…?
“I will never trust that person again!”
“Don’t go to that place because of!...”
“I don’t want to have anything to do that person again!”

Even if you won’t admit it, I bet my last dollar you have said it or thought similar statements to these recently.
I have to admit to my shame, that I have...

Then someone comes along and tells you a whole lot on that forgiveness thing and you get annoyed.
I mean, how many times do I need to hear the same teaching?
Well I am sorry...but you and I need reminded of it until the day we die.
Forgiveness is not something for baby Christians or everyone else. It is not something you graduate past
after serving Jesus for a few years.
You are never above it or never better than it.
And it always works both ways...

I have learned that what Jesus said to be the most challenging and ultimately the most true.
When He said we need to forgive and keep on doing it even if it means doing it 70x7...He was right!
When He said that we will get the same as how we measure this out to others...He was right!
And when He said that fruit is a great indicator of something...again He was right!

If you look at a moment in time in your life and cringe, maybe there is a chance you haven’t let it go?
If you think of a person from your past and react inside, maybe there is a chance you have an issue with them?

It breaks my heart to see and hear people bound by events and people from their past.
Some 20 years later or more are still haunted by things.
Jesus gives us not the easiest antidote, but the best antidote...forgive!
Go on do it please again and again.
Forgive not because they deserve it, but because Jesus asks you to, and you will be set free from the bondage that otherwise sets in.
If you are finding it really hard to do this, contact someone like me who would count it an honour to help lead you through.

Forgive...and be FREE!

Something to think about…

No comments: