Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Breakfast


I started out my day having breakfast with a good friend of mine.
It was warm. The coffee tasted nice.
And I got to enjoy some Eggs Benedict, which just so happens to be one of my favourites.
Nice way to start the day…

It made me think about how we start our day.
It seems to make such a difference.
If it starts well, some people believe that it will go well.
I wonder whether starting off with a better attitude helps you see your day differently?
Well that is my opinion….

A while ago now, Jesus took someone out for breakfast.
Well, that is stretching it a little. But He did go to the trouble of cooking up a nice meal for His friends,
especially a guy called Peter.
Peter’s last contact with Jesus was tainted by the fact that he denied even knowing Him. Not the best way to treat a friend who was about to be tortured and killed.
This same Jesus now wants to dine with him.

Maybe the big picture here is that starting your day right will make a difference.
Maybe you haven’t been as dramatic as Peter, but still have wandered away from this relationship?
Peter’s day certainly improved after encountering Jesus and spending some time with Him.
Maybe that could work for you as well?

Can I encourage you to meet with God in the morning in some meaningful way?
Say good morning to Him as you rise.
Grab some of His Word before you head out the door.
Share some of your heart with Him.

How you start the day can be really important...

Something to think about…

1 comment:

Steve Finnell said...

you are invited to follow my blog