Wednesday, July 13, 2011

beginning

We all have seasons of things in life that demand by themselves that you think about their meaning to you.
For me these last few weeks have got me thinking about life after you finish living on this marble floating in space.

It also seems that many others around the world are thinking about this key part of ‘life’.
Much is being written in newly published books.
Debated.
Even argued about…
For me I even purchased some books to study again about it, as I want to understand it as best I can.

Don’t get me wrong.
I think I know enough to give me comfort.
But there are plenty of ideas are floating around...

Some people think life stops after death, while others believe it lasts forever in another form.
Some people think your life is transferred into another generation, while others believe it is a once only assignment inside a casing we call a body.

My encouragement to you is to look at it.
Death is not the end of life. It is just the end of this life.
I firmly believe there is an eternity to be looked forward to. In fact you are already at the beginning of your eternity! This is the beginning stages for you and me. No matter how old you are, you are still only at the beginning in the light of how long eternity lasts.

Jesus said that He is going to prepare a place for us.
The ultimate lover of your life is working away preparing somewhere else for you to be. He is getting prepared for all of our arrivals. It is ultimately our choice whether to take him up on His generous offer.

God has also promised us that this place will be different. And by different I am not talking just about the scenery and the food. I am talking about that it will be better than you can truly imagine. He says there will be no more pain, suffering, injustice...nothing to ever make you unhappy!

While I wait for that day (I am in no hurry), I have determined in my heart to make the most of this life, this intro to eternity now. I am not waiting for eternity.
I am living it now in the form God has blessed me with now.

Something to think about…

No comments: