Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Pie

I am one of those people who really loves bacon and egg pie...like I really, really, really, love it!
I am also really fussy about what goes into my b&e happiness.
The crust is just a yummy wrapper for the hearty goodness that awaits me inside. If it doesn’t have bacon, eggs, peas and seasoning it just doesn’t do it for me.
If you add something else not on my wish list then it is simply not as good as it could be.
Add something gross and then the whole thing is ruined.

Here is my point.
The filling is really, really, really important.
At the end of the day you can have whatever wrapper around your life that you like.
Dress nice.
Upgrade your look.
Copy someone else to try and fit in.
Your filling is what eventually decides your fate.

So what is your filling?
What are you stuffing inside of you?
Is it hearty goodness or something less?

You know I am not talking about food right?
I am talking about what you put into your life. The relationships you keep and the style of them. The things you watch and entertain yourself with. What you listen to... They are fillings that you have inside you.

What I know about God is that he wants to fill me with good things. Refreshing things. Peace things. Hope things.

I think you are worth more than pie...so why not treat yourself to a great filling?
Get some of his Word into you (maybe by the Essential Jesus programme we have started?).
Get some time with great people who you can encourage and they in turn can encourage you.
Get yourself to Church and Connect Groups as much as you can.
Give away something of yourself so more freshness can be added.

By the way...did you know that I love bacon and egg pie?

Something to think about…

No comments: