Wednesday, October 20, 2010

stories

Just been reflecting on the last few days and thinking about what to share…
I guess that what we have done would be a good place to start.

Now if you are a cynical kind of person, maybe you shouldn’t read any further...for danger of assuming I have some self promoting agenda...because I don’t!
If I lose some reward for sharing my stories, I can live with that in the knowledge that it might help you. That can be my reward.
Maybe why I sharing this is to encourage you to try and be something similar. It will change your world and change the world of someone else around you.

First story…
Some people we hadn’t seen in many years were travelling down the country with their kids and a car full of possessions. When they got as far as Waioru their engine blew!
We got a call asking for help.
We said yes straight away and had the honour of helping them out with somewhere to stay, food to eat...whatever comfort we could provide.

Second story...
I went to the gym yesterday. In the space of one hour I had helped someone use a weight machine they hadn’t used before. I set another guy up with a RPM bike and then helped setup the RPM Class (even thought I wasn’t going to be doing it).

This is so simple!
It is “salt and light” stuff.
It is reflecting God to our world.
It is “doing good when we have the opportunity”.

Do I feel tired from doing right? No way!
In fact it energizes me…

I have no idea what opportunities to help someone else are coming around the corner. I don’t have a prophetic word about each day to prepare myself.
What I do do...is try and have an attitude of being ready to help.

Ready to respond.
Ready to say yes to someone else.

Why don’t you try and change someone else’s world today, tomorrow...and the next. Get ready...
Go on...I dare you!

Something to think about…

1 comment:

Smithy said...

shifting this world with heavens download - woman with shoulder pain released to continue on driving to RotoVegas. Casn we include His works.