Wednesday, August 18, 2010

people

I gave myself a pop quiz this morning!
Yes, I am weird…
I mean who gives themselves a quiz???

I was thinking ‘If someone put me on the spot and asked me what the most important things in my life were...what would they be?’

I was surprised by the first thing that came to mind.
Coffee was the first thing...
Most likely because I wanted one anyway and was about to pour myself some freshly brewed goodness.

It didn’t take me long to answer a bit more thoughtfully to the quiz master in my head.
My real answer...people!

Now before you switch off from reading this saying how predictable that was, please let me say a few other things?

For me people are everything!
Without people in my life I will do anything to hide the fact I need them.
I will eat too much.
I will drink too much coffee.
I will watch too much TV.
I will play too much PS3…

People are the ones who define really what sort of life you have. People are who you are designed to be connected to on this little planet of ours.
You need friends.
You need ‘family’.
You need connection with people in all facets of your life.

My encouragement to you as you read this very ‘simple thought’...is to choose to immerse your life with people.
All sorts of people.
Inconvenience your life with as many people as possible!
I bet you will look back over time if you do this well, and be more grateful for the ‘people’ then all the coffee...

Something to think about…

No comments: