Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Did you know that one of the best things about you is whatever is your greatest weakness?

Now that I have your attention please let me explain?

I think one of the things we get wrong about faith in Jesus is that many think it is a ticket to utopia.
A ‘divine’ opportunity to escape trouble.
A ‘divine’ opportunity to gain resource.
A ‘divine’ opportunity to true happiness.
While some of that is true. It is not the whole truth.

Paul wrote these profound words…
2 Corinthians 12:7-10
To keep me from becoming conceited because of these surpassingly great revelations, there was given me a thorn in my flesh, a messenger of Satan, to torment me. 8Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. 9But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. 10That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

Your relationship with God isn’t all about wholeness.
It is all about wholiness.
It is keeping your eyes on him no matter what.
It is saying to whatever bothers you or you holds you back…“all I want to focus on is Jesus”

Faith is completely wrapped up for me in Trust.
You can’t have faith without trust.
Faith is trusting that God is true and the devil is a liar.
It is knowing that God will strengthen you where you are weak so you don’t have to worry about it anymore.

May this week be for you a week where you determine in your own heart to trust God completely.
Know he is on your side. That he will give you the strength you know, and he knows, that you need...

Something to think about...

No comments: