Wednesday, October 29, 2008

You know that feeling, that maybe you have had, where everything else for a moment seems so lame?
Where you really want to have something special with someone bigger than all your day has been or is going to be?

You know that you can have this anytime you like?

Driving to work today I decided I needed God.
I didn’t want to just drive to work.
Decided that I just didn’t want the same old start to my normal wednesday.
I was hungry for more than that.

And it is always so easy.
So easy I think that we regularly forget.

God says to us…

James 4:8 (nlt)
Draw close to God, and God will draw close to you...

Elsewhere it says that we will find him if we seek him.

I love it that God is not hiding from me.
That he is not hiding, or playing tricks on me.
He doesn’t tease.
He doesn’t lie.
He doesn’t do anything at all to make our relationship with each other hard.

So here I am driving in my car.
Some new worship cd blasting.
Singing my lungs out to God.
Not caring what anyone in a car around me is thinking.
Realising once again that by simply opening my heart I found God.
Yes, I had the goosebumps.
Yes, it made me feel close to God.

Don’t miss out on this awesome opportunity that we have.
Where we can get together very simply with God.
For me it was singing in my car.For you it might be sitting by the sea.
Or just chilling in your room.

Whatever it is for you…Why not do it again today?

Something to think about...

No comments: