Wednesday, December 13, 2006

I think that it feels good when you know where you are going…

When I am driving my car to some new location, or a street in a part of Auckland that I haven’t been to before...there is part of me that is uneasy. It is that ‘unknown’ or only having part of the picture that effects your thinking.
You find it sometimes hard to relax on the journey.

When I was in Japan a few years a go I really experienced this feeling.
I was on my own and had to catch several trains from different stations to get to a meeting.
Not speaking any Japanese didn’t help much.
The last train I caught pulled into it’s first stop on the journey. I looked out the window and my heart sank...the station signs were only in Japanese. I know the station name I was going to, but had no idea what I was going to do as I had no way of knowing where to get off…
It is a long story, but I eventually did make it ok. Will tell you another time.

Anyway, having a clear plan and knowing some steps along the way feels so much better than having no idea!

Many people I talk too seem to not have much idea what God wants them to do with there lives.
That is why we did our little series called ‘Chazown’. It is the Hebrew word for vision.
I think God wants a balance in this for us. Yes, we are to walk by faith...but he doesn’t expect us to walk blind. Remember that his word is a lamp for our feet. Light is something that is seen!

God wants you to not only know some direction for your life, but also to see some of it.

If you want something practical to do help you find some more direction over Christmas…
How about doing what I did and read a book.
In particular Chazown by Craig Groeschel.
It is real easy to read, and fun to work through.

What not give it a try???

No comments: