Thursday, November 30, 2006

For me, sometimes there is a gap between what I know and what I believe.
I definitely know in my head that God wants to bless me, but find it hard to believe in my heart.
This means that when some blessing comes along that was not expected, I sometimes struggle to accept it. I even think I don’t deserve it and that seems to rob me of the fun of it!
Trust me, I don’t like thinking this way.
The concept is quite simple...I just need it to work down into my heart!

I know I am not the only one who struggles to believe that Gods wants to bless us.
We know the things we have done and the people we have hurt.
We know that if we were God (thank goodness we aren’t) that we wouldn’t want to bless us.
But this ignores who God really is. It ignores what we should know about his nature. His heart.

Number One
The whole deal with Jesus should be a dead giveaway!
The fact that while I didn’t know him or acknowledge him, God sent Jesus to be sacrificed for my sin. God wanted to give me an opportunity for a clear conscience. Jesus was the ticket to that.
All I have to do is believe it and accept it.

Number Two
The bible says that God cares for the smallest of his creation. He does it supernaturally.
He does it to the point where they are not panicking about where their next meal is coming from. They know instinctively that God will provide. God says that we are more important than those creatures, and we should learn from their example.
Maybe with our so called superior intellect we feel we have to work it out?
That is also our achilles heal...we don’t have to work it out!
Again all I have to do is believe it and accept it.

Number Three
So how am I going to deal my warped thinking?
Well here is my plan…
The Bible says that God’s word is so powerful that it can supernaturally bury deep into my being.
It says it achieves everything that it was designed to do.
So the plan is simple. I want God’s word in me.
You get this by reading it. Looking at it. Meditating on it.

If we can do this, God has the best chance of healing our thinking…
I want God to bless me and for me to enjoy every moment of it!

No comments: