Thursday, April 20, 2006

When I was a kid I had a wild imagination!
I would dream of being all sorts of things, but I had a particular favourite...
I dreamed of being an astronaut.
My toys included rockets, star wars ships and figures...anything to do with 'space' was alright by me.
When it came time to do some 'creative writing' at primary school I generally only wrote about my space adventures. In fact my first song I ever wrote was called the 'Spaceship'

Then something happens to your life. You get older!
And people start telling you, that you have to stop imaginning silly things, like going to space and get a 'real' job.
Essentially they are telling you to grow up and stop pretending.

But I have noticed a funny paradox here. Most of us still pretend.

I used to be a Salesman as part of one of my jobs I used to do.
My boss would regularly try to tell me to pretend.
To pretend I knew what I as talking about when I didn't. To pretend I had done something before when I hadn't.
People wear makeup to pretend they look different to what they really do (please don't stone me!).
We get operations to make ourselves look different to what we really look like.
And sometimes we pretend to have life all sorted out, so that we won't look weak to someone else???

There is one place you don't need to pretend....and this is with God.
What is the point of pretending with God? He knows eveything. He knows all about our lives.
And there is huge safety in that! You can go to God not having to pretend anymore.
God accepts you as you are, not who you think you should be.

1 Peter 5:7
Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.

One thing I take great comfort from, is knowing I can go to God at anytime and talk to him honestly about where I am at. So can I encourage you to always be honest with God. Let him more into the real life you are living this week....
He cares and he wants to help!

No comments: