Wednesday, January 11, 2017

All Things New

I have always been fascinated with how God does things...
Even what He puts in His Word fascinates me, the placement of certain words, ideas and promises.
Many times I keep looking at the parallels between the bookends of the Bible. Genesis & Revelation.
On one hand they seem like they should be different. And yet they same many of the same things.


One of the final statements attributed to God is this powerful phrase.
And yet in Genesis God starts by making the 'new' that we celebrate.
When Jesus walked the earth He spoke at length about the 'new' that God wanted to do for His people. 

When I consider all this, I truly recognise that God is about 'all things new'.

I am looking at what God can make new or renew in my life this year...
Because God's nature is to make things new, I have faith that He can make new even what has become old / stale / dry in my life new and full of life again. It is all things that God can renew, not some things. God can renew, restore and heal any part of our lives.
When He says "I am doing a new thing", He is desiring to do a new thing in me and through me.

Does that strike a chord with you?
Is your heart to let God make all things new in your life and faith?
That is a prayer worth praying. A hope to hang on to.
He has already begun the new in your life...let's press on into this year together...

Something to think about...

No comments: