Wednesday, December 09, 2015

"Dear God - thanks for this one thing..."

I have watched with much pride a family navigating a very difficult time in their life...
Why am I proud? Because they have handled themselves a little differently from many these days.

Instead of getting on Facebook and have a rant every single day about how it is not fair. Instead of seeking to apportion blame. They have with dignity and maturity updated us all on their faith journey and always thanked God for even the smallest glimmer of hope.

They have reminded me that even in the middle of whatever is wrong, you can always find something to thank God for.
I see something spiritual happen when you do this. It brings faith more and more into the middle of your trial.

No matter what you and I may be facing right, I bet you a free dinner that there is something you be thankful to God for. Some glimmer of hope you can hang on to.
Gratefulness is so attractive to us in the natural. I would go as far as to say God finds its even more attractive.

Please don't lose sight of God in your trial. Focus on Him more than the trial itself. And you will find faith welling in your soul.
Maybe you could stop right now and finish this prayer with me?
"Dear God - thanks for this one thing [ you fill the blank ]"

Something to think about...

No comments: