Tuesday, May 19, 2015

How to encounter God? #2

If we want to encounter God, want to see what He is really like to some degree, ask someone to pray for you...
That's right, ask someone who knows God maybe even a little more than you to actually pray for you.
Trust me, I have seen it 100's of times, where someone has been prayed for and they have some sort of an encounter with God. In ways that stretch from sensing his actual being there through to seeing him do something miraculous.
When I have prayed for sick or troubled people, many times I am told afterwards that God showed up in some way for them. I think that is pretty cool!
This is not just because I am pastor. That is just my role. Anyone who knows God can pray for someone else and great things can come from it!

I don't know how to explain it very well, or the psychology around this, but asking for prayer is like asking for help and this in a sense opens your heart, soul and mind to something else. Your openness allows you to give God some room to appear in your life. Sorry if that sounds little out there, just been my experience...

Maybe you are reading this and your really do what to find out what God is like in some way?
Maybe life is not all you thought it would be or maybe you are not well?
If this interests you then here's the deal today. Ask us for prayer and we will always say yes!


No comments: