Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Viral

A friend of mine talks a lot about a certain type of shorts that he is a fan of. Even though they went out of fashion last century, they have lived on in pop culture, even taking on some mythical status as shorts go...

I remembered recently about a funny clip featuring these said shorts that I had collected 10 years ago and tracked it down on a hard drive. I then quickly posted it on Facebook, adding his name to the comments. Simply hoping he would see it and and enjoy along with a few friends.

What happened next surprised me...
In just 7 days the video had been viewed 41,000 times and shared to other Facebook pages by 1,200 people!
It has powerfully reminded me the impact something seemingly small, simple, even inconsequential, can have. How big something can become from the smallest of starts.

You and I can not truly comprehend the impact of each of our lives!
We have no idea the impact of our choices, comments, actions...
What we do echoes beyond a moment to reach far places.

It is a powerful and scary concept to consider I believe. A challenge if you like? What can I do to change my world and the world of others for good? What negative impact will a bad choice have on our world?

As you head full on into this year, may you consider what sort of impact you would like to have? On your family, your friends, your town, your country and so on...
May you see this as an amazing opportunity and say "I am in!" Let's be 'viral' in a good way...

Could you be part of some 'do good' campaign - like a 'pay it forward'?
What about sharing something of Jesus with someone else - and encouraging others to do the same?
Let's sow some seeds and watch a harvest come.
I think that is something exciting to live for!

Something to think about...

No comments: