Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Lining yourself up for a 'God' surprise

Most of us like cool surprises I think...
When that special something happens and it truly is a surprise that brings some joy to your life.

Last week I got to be involved in giving my kids a surprise that they never expected.
The funny thing for me was the fact that all summer one of asked if we could go overseas some time. Little did he know...

So on Monday we took them out for dinner.
After ordering from the menu I gave them an envelope each, to only be opened once everyone was ready to do it together.
And here was the surprise - they looked inside - and found out that we were taking them to Australia for a few days. To make it even more dramatic...we were leaving for the 'great south land' the very next morning!

So if you are like me and like cool surprises, what do you do to line yourself up/set yourself for them.
God is a Dad just like me, but He is so much better at it!
And if I can surprise my kids, God can do an even more amazing job of it.
I even think He gets a great kick out of it.

Moses was looking after the flock in his care when God went "SURPRISE" and turned up speaking to him from a burning bush.
Peter was staring blankly into empty nets on the beach which Jesus turns up and went "SURPRISE". Then proceeds to help him get too many fish and a call to fish for men as part of the package.
The disciples were worshipping God all together, some 120 of them, and God turns up to their gathering and gives them a divine Holy Spirit SURPRISE. That would have been a cool Church service!!!

So how do you do it?
How do you line yourself for a God surprise?

This is what I think...
God surprises happen:
- When we need them
- When we expect God/operate in Faith
And this is key...
- When we are faithful 

Moses was faithfully looking after a flock.
Peter was faithfully working away to the best of his ability.
The Church was faithfully meeting together and honouring their King.

I am sure you can see where I am going with this?
Let's be faithful in the everyday things, all the while looking to our King.
And get ready to experience the goodness of our God in the land we live.

Something to think about...


No comments: