Wednesday, April 09, 2014

It all can start with a movie...

OK, so unless you have been hiding under a rock...you have probably heard about a movie recently released called Noah.
Maybe you have seen it like me?
And if you troll around the social networks like me, then you would have seen that this movie has a life inside cyber space. Released from its celluloid confines and replayed, beaten up, dissected, and cogitated over, with every possible angle covered.

This will not be one of those commentaries I hope!

Here is what I think based on the happenings around the movie...

Ultimately you and I are responsible for what we believe to be true, right or even noble.
Granted that others and many influences will move us here and there, but again it is our responsibility. A movie should not be the basis of your beliefs no matter how clever or moving.
God has a far more impactful and divine plan for you that will help you make the right discoveries.

What I hope all this hoopla does, is something that this sort of thing should always do...
Drive you to seek out the truth, for what is right, beyond a mere opinion piece or pithy commentary.
My personal hope is that you go back to the source of this whole thing and read the biblical account.
Ask questions based on what it says there, not what some 'guy' saw floating in his Weetbix packet some morning.

I am reminded of that passage in scripture that says...heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away. In the context of the hoopla, God is telling me to trust His unfailing Word on the matter. Yes there are details we don't know. But what we do know from Him is all that we need to build a firm foundation on.
You can use your imagination to fill in the blanks yet what we truly need is the firm fact foundation found in the Biblical account. Far more appropriate I feel than what some mystic, who doesn't believe God can, or would, love humanity enough to send His Son, has to say on any matter.

I leave it to you now to dig into and journey towards the truth...

Something to think about...

No comments: