Wednesday, August 21, 2013


Yesterday was a very special day for us as a family!
4 years since we moved to Taupo.
21 years since I last had the opportunity.
1st time ever for the kids.
We went up a mountain to enjoy a day in the snow!

Why mention all that for my 'simple thought' this week? Am I skitting? No that is not my agenda at all!
It was the fact I was reminded how in life their should be some highlight moments that are savoured and never forgotten. Moments that you can say you were blessed by God or moments where something changed for you...

I have said for years that as a Christian, you can think by reading the Bible, that life should be one amazing day or adventure after the other.
When you read the stories of Paul, David, Abraham, Moses...it can appear their life experience was one dramatic event or adventure after another. It can appear that way because we are reading over a few short pages all the 'highlights' or lowlights of their journey. We don't see all the quieter times. The day by day just doing God honouring living.

My day again in the snow after all those years...
The day I met Jesus for the first time...
When I got married to Suze...
The day my kids were born...
Coming to Taupo and God speaking to me about seeing lives changed here...
They are all big days, big events along my life's journey.

I choose to savour them and remember them.
I also choose as a follower of Jesus to look forward to the next ones, while all along staying faithful to the process of His work in my life.
I don't expect something life changing everyday, but I do expect God to met all my needs for each day. I simply choose to follow and that matters more!

Can I encourage you this week to enjoy the highlights and remember them?
Stay faithful through the times in between. And look forward to what the next highlight God brings your way...

Something to think about...




No comments: