Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Room


"A long time a go there was no room for Jesus...
So his mum gave birth in a cow shed!
Jesus is still looking for room.
Will it be the left over space in our lives or the best space in our lives?"

I had that thought on Monday this week.
Fired it onto my facebook page because I thought it had a profound meaning.
In fact, I still feel the same way...

The question this Christmas remains...
How much room do we have for Jesus?
How much room do we have for God in our lives?

It is fundamentally an extremely important question to ask yourself especially at this time of the year.
So much is happening. Life is busy and life is fast.
And if you are not careful, the most important of reasons for the season can be missed in 'the busy'.

God asks us for all our life. That is no simple request.
He asks us to love and follow Him with all our heart, mind, soul and strength.
An issue for us is that many people do this for a season and then let other things crowd that passion into a corner or a spare space in their life.
When I look at the times I felt the most close to Him, it was when I was the most passionate and dedicated to that relationship.
The more room I gave Him, that better things got.

So as the days to Christmas countdown ever so quickly...
Can I ask you to take a few moments to check your insides.
See what room you have for Jesus.
If you are honest it works best!
And if you notice only a proverbial cowshed corner is left...shift out what needs moving and make room for this Jesus.
Give Him the very best space. He is worth it and He is worthy!

Something to think about...

No comments: