Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Sick

My youngest boy Alex was concerned about me on Monday. He asked whether the fact I had not been well that day was because I had just turned 40?
While I don’t think that number had anything to do with my health, he was right to notice I wasn’t so well.
In fact I still feel pretty nasty.

Because of my lack of energy and inability to move around it has given me plenty of time to consider what being sick reminds me of.

Being sick reminds me of what it is like to be someone who is sick.
I find it is easy to forget what some people face each day. Being this way reminds of others struggles with their health, and it stirs some compassion inside of me.

Being sick reminds me that I need others in my life.
Having an inability to totally look after myself reminds me that life was not meant to be ‘self done’.
It works better with others around me.

Being sick reminds me that I can’t do this life thing with God.
He is my help. My sustainer. Without Him I would be lost!

The Bible says that we don’t serve a saviour who does not know what we go through as human beings.
He was tempted. He was saddened by things.
He understands sick and He understands pain.

I know that we have someone we can turn to and rely on when things are hard.
He is here for you!
I hope you don’t need some sickness to remind you.

Something to think about…

No comments: