Wednesday, August 12, 2009

I want to let you in on a secret…
I am not perfect!

Sorry about that…now that I have burst your bubble about me…
By the way, please know that I am joking about your bubble being burst?

Seriously though, I am not perfect.
I am the first to admit it.
I know that I have faults.
I know that I have limitations.
But to counter all that…I have God.

You see God picks me and you to be part of his kingdom, not because we are perfect, but because we aren’t.
Didn’t Jesus say he came not for the healthy but for the sick. (Mark 2:17)

I take so much encouragement (and you should to) from the example of a guy called Simon/Peter.
In the gospels it tells of him being impetuous, head strong and down-right stupid sometimes.
His ultimate blunder is proclaiming he would never deny Jesus. History tells us he did just that.
He felt terrible and condemned.
But what does this Jesus do to him?
He makes him the head of the early church!
Not bad for a screwup…

My encouragement to you this week is to know that God loves you…even if you are not perfect.
He picks you not because of your looks and talents.
He picks you because he knows who you are and who you can be.
He sees your heart, the real you, not just the wrapping.
He looks at you through the eyes of Jesus. Eyes that see past ‘our stuff’ to who he created you to be.
I like that!
It takes the pressure off a bit…and maybe you needed to hear this today?

Something to think about…

No comments: