Thursday, July 23, 2009

Maybe what I share today you have read a little before…
Or maybe it is just an extension on what I have also learnt and shared with you.

There is something amazing about giving all you have and are to God.
Something special about saying to God that you will do anything for him, that all you want to do is serve him and glorify him.
For some of us that can happen in a moment where you really feel filled with faith. Or maybe in a moment where you sense what we call ‘the presence of God’, and you feel comfortable to say those sorts of things.

But then you have the so called reality of your decision sink in.
The testing of your faith decision.
The stretch component that inevitably follows…

That is me right now!

I am filled with faith…but also I am a little scared.
I am excited about our future…but also a little apprehensive.
I am passionate about what is now…but unsure at the same time.

Let’s throw some words in here right now…
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding proverbs 3:15
The testing of your faith develops perseverance…so that you may be mature and complete james 1:3-4

For me I can easily worry.
If you have read my blogs over time, this has been a reoccurring theme.
But there are two things I am doing to get me through this time.
Firstly I am reminding myself that this is ‘God’s Show’. All that I am swirling in right now is his idea and I simply need to trust his plan, his way…to achieve the goal.
Secondly, I simply go to him. Lying in my bed, driving in my car, even as I type this…
I simply give to him what I am thinking and wrestling with. I vent to the one who I know totally understands.

Maybe you are going through a stretchy, difficult, even trying time right now?
Hang in there my friend…
Let God have his way and lead you through no matter how much it might not make sense right now.
It is so worth it!

Something to think about…

No comments: