Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Someone killed my car!
Someone nearly killed my wife!
Stuff happens sometimes that catches you by surprise.

When Suze drove off in our little car to head to an event the other night, I had no idea that 20 minutes later she would be calling me from the back of an ambulance!
A drunk driver with no license had driven straight through a give way and straight into the car.
When I arrived at the site I wish I could report that I was full of love and grace for the other driver and her drunken passengers...but I wasn’t.

I felt angry.
They had hurt my wife.
They had wrecked our little car that we really liked.

As I thought about these events I began to wonder how hard it must have been for Jesus to handle what people did to him.
Here he was going around healing people and doing good. Looking after people, feeding people...meeting everyone’s needs. But people wanted to kill him!

Then you have Jesus on the Cross.
God’s own creation killing his own Son.
For God, It must have been one of the worst things he had ever had to watch. In fact you read in the Bible that God actually turned away...it was just too hard for him.

God doesn’t enjoy bad things happening to us.
We are his kids, and he has invested his life into us.I am so grateful that Suze is ok, apart form all the nasty bruising.
Moments like this experience remind how our lives in this world are for only a little while. That every moment is something you can never live again. And ultimately we will never probably know when our time is up.

So this week...live life as though you may not have as long as you may think.
Try and enjoy every moment you can of it.
It is a gift that God has given you.

Something to think about...

No comments: