Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Where is God?

It is a question many of us ask…

So where is he? Like, what is his exact location right now?
If someone came up to you on a street somewhere and asked that same question…
Would you have an answer for them?

This is the question I ponder sometimes.
It is not always because I am struggling or things are not go well.
Sometimes I just want to know.

I actually think there are several answers to the one question.
Not because it sounds more spiritual.
Not because I don’t really have an answer, and I just want to convince myself and others I have an answer.
It is just that I don’t think you can give simple one sentence answers when it comes to God.

How do you truly describe someone who is beyond what we can even imagine at times.
Whose ways are higher than our ways.
Whose thoughts are higher than our thoughts.
Who created the world we see around us and the universe that envelops us, with a single word.
When the Bible even says we only know in part...not completely.

One thing I feel safe in saying about God is that wants us to find him, and then ultimately represent him.
God is not hidden as some people think. It is just he is too big to be confined to a single simple space in time.
The Bible says that God is with us when we meet together.
The Bible says that God is with us when we do something for someone else in need.
The Bible says God inhibits the songs we sing when we go after him.
The Bible says the God is there when we call out to him.
And the Bible says that God is looking for us probably more often then we realise.

Maybe I haven’t answered the question that easily?
Maybe I have just given you something to think about...

No comments: