Thursday, February 28, 2008

Can I tell you what I think?

For a while now I have been saying the same thing...which I hope hasn’t driven you nuts!
For many years, what I saw around me and what I saw in God’s word didn’t seem to match perfectly. But instead of making me question God or get cynical it made me cry out to him for answers.
I have spent quite a bit of time praying and thinking over those things…


When I read the Bible it tells me things like:
“By his work on the cross you can have healing”
“That his Spirit rests on me”
“You shall lay hands on the sick and they will recover”
“The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective”
“Pray for one another”

Now I look at us, and I see that up until this time my life hasn’t always reflected these things that well. Has God got it wrong or has he changed his mind since these words were first written? NO WAY!
Like I have been saying, I think God wants to use this generation ‘as it is written’. He wants to use all of our generation for his glory, not just a select few. And all he is doing is waiting…

Many years a go God was looking for someone to help.He asked around, and one man said yes...please send me. His name was Isaiah, and he was an amazing man of God. But only after he chose to go, only after he chose to give it a go.

Even this week, we have had opportunities to pray for people for healing. In fact the subject has come up more than any other for me.And I am going for it. I am standing on what the word of God says and guess what? I have seen people healed this week!
But this is not just for me as a Pastor.You too can get in on the fun. It doesn’t matter who you are!

My challenge for us this week, is to really think, to really pray, and see whether you want to really be in the game with God.I know he wants to use you in some amazing way. He is simply waiting for you to give it a go!
Maybe you could find someone who is sick or pain and pray for them.
What have you got to lose?

Something to think about...

No comments: