Thursday, June 15, 2006

Recently I have had the privilege of sharing with some people what we believe as Christians - as disciples.
You know, the very basics of our faith. Stuff that you can build on.
Now they tell me as we talk and study that they are learning a lot...but I am learning just as much, or should I say reminding myself?

From all that a phrase popped up that intrigued me.
It went along the lines of...'Christ needs to be the centre of who we are and what we do'

Step back from a phrase like this and ask why?

God is amazing in that he arranges simple teaching and instruction for us, not just to tell us what to do, but to benefit us greatly.
Christ being the centre is exactly the same. The why questions helps clarify the how.
When Christ is the centre, when he truly is the focus...it means we don't get caught up in dumb stuff.

As a guy I can be very focused on things I like!I love playing American Football on my XBOX. To the point that it takes up all my focus and I sometimes don't see other things around me.
When Christ is your focus and you really focus...all the other issues in life can seem a little different.
The problems that you may be facing might not take over your thinking so much. They even might be put into a better perspective.

The Bible encourages us to "fix our eyes on Jesus".
Why? Because it is the best thing to do!
Without it you can get distracted by other things that don't matter as much.

The Book of Revelation mentions several times about Jesus being "in the centre" and everything else revolving around him.
This picture of heaven showes where Christ should be for us personally and as the church.
With Christ as the centre of our lives everything else will fit into heavens plan.

...let's fix our eyes on him again...

No comments: