Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Puzzled Intro - how did that happen?

I love me some entertaining and informative youtube clips...
Each day I set aside some time to check out some of the youtube channels I subscribe to. I get to learn about the latest technology, hints on guitar tone, through to historical facts and figures.

Now with the 100 year anniversary of the what was to become known as World War I, there have been some documentaries I have seen recently. And one of the things that has stood out to me is that in the middle of such struggle, suffering and hardship, has come some amazing things that we get to use in everyday life.
Did you know that the tea bag was invited by accident during this time?
That women's sanitary products came about in part because of trying to help soldiers?
( If you want to watch the clips - you can view them here British Pathe 3 WWI Inventions )

While you can argue that the 'war' left a horrible mark on our history. It certainly brought some amazing steps forward for our quality of life. And that is the dichotomy of the situation for me.

If you are breathing then you know that life isn't always easy.
Many of us try and avoid the non-easy moments in life.
Some even question whether God loves them or has decided to leave during those times.
When the very thing we want out of, or want to avoid, could in fact change our life or someones else's for the better.

When Suze was very dangerously ill when Jack was born I thought like that for a time.
But because of this non-easy moment we got to meet another couple going through something very similar to us. We could relate. We became friends. And I eventually got to marry them!
You see, you never know what 'good' can come from what seems bad.

So if you are going through something you wouldn't choose for yourself right now, can I encourage you to try something with me?

Look for what God could teach you.
Or what you could grow into.
Look for what opportunity it bring open up to you.
Or what revelation you could receive.

Try as best as you can to relax and let the God ordained circumstances work something new and amazing ultimately into your life.

Something to think about...

No comments: