Thursday, May 21, 2009

Another word that we use a lot is faith.
We say things like…
“I am on a journey of faith”
“I walk by faith”

Recently I was reading about faith.
I began to wonder how much of it I really did have.
I wondered if it was growing or whether my growth had stopped in some way.

You see it is easy for me to be really busy.
But being busy doesn’t always mean I am living in faith or relying on it.
I just may be really busy.

So here I am thinking and praying that maybe my faith needs stretching and then something happened.
In fact a lot of things happened.
They happened very quickly.
So quickly in fact, we feel our faith stretched already.
And while we are stretching there is this underlying peace that can only come from God himself, because the circumstances don’t naturally lend themselves to feeling that way.

So here it is…
In a few short weeks Suze and I will be the new Pastors of the Taupo Elim Church.
This is huge thing for us and we are feeling a mixture of feelings at this time. We are feeling stretched (in a good way), but excited to be given this huge honour and responsibility.

Obviously this will come to most of you as a shock, and I apologise for that. It is something that has caught us a little by surprise as well. But we are confident this is the next step for us in ministry.

Because this has happened quite quickly we have many details still to work out.
I will say this now, and probably many times before we officially finish at Elim here in Auckland…you guys are fantastic.
You have helped make our lives as young adult pastors an absolute pleasure.
We are going to miss you a lot!

Neena will begin to take more responsibility for the young adults ministry as we transition. I am sure you will join with me supporting her as she takes on more responsibility. She is an awesome lady with the call of God on her life.

I am available to answer questions you may have.
Thanks again for your support.

Locky, Suze, Jack & Alex

No comments: