Sunday, August 30, 2026

Watch Out


As someone passionate about faith, understanding it, living it, and where I can, defending it, the reporting of what is happening around faith today has my full attention.
And I want to suggest it should have your attention as well.

Jesus said these powerful and I think important words that I want to share today:

"Watch out that no one deceives you" 
Matthew 24:3 NIV

He goes on to say after this all important and attention grabbing phrase the different ways this could happen to you and me.

I am reminded that there is first of all potential to be deceived along with deception being around.
I am reminded that I need to take responsibility for my faith, what has been entrusted to me freely, and guard what God has deposited in my life.
I am reminded that what I believe matters for eternity. What I study. What I watch. What I look at. And also what I propagate into the world.

Other Bible verses encourage things like:
Study to show yourself approved. 2 Timothy 2:15
Be ready to give a reason for the hope you have. 1 Peter 3:15
Make the most of today. Ephesians 5:15-16
Invest wisely with what God has given me. Matthew 25

My big takeaway is that I need to wrestle with my faith and protect it.
To watch out that I am not deceived. Because deception could be around any corner if I am not purposeful to avoid it, to have mastery over it.

Can I encourage you to do the same?
Watch what you watch.
Analysis carefully what is presented as fact.
Measure the so called truth out there against God's truth.

Something to think about...

No comments: