Wednesday, July 22, 2026

Growing Faith vs Tested Faith


...you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance.
James 1:3 NIV

I was thinking about the challenges we have faced in the last few years and this verse came to mind.
I think maybe I have focused more of doing things in faith, having more faith, more than the concept of God allowing my faith to be tested. 

Growing in faith is challenging and creates an adventure in faith, testing on the other hand feels a whole lot different.
James goes on to explain why this happens.
To produce other key attributes in my life, to get to the "not lacking anything part", the testing part, the uncomfortable seems to be a necessary step.

But it is not easy and is many times hard to reconcile,
For example the more I have considered myself to be living in, operating in faith, I wonder if God has allowed it to tested as much? Not something I can quantify, it is more of a feeling.

My hearts prayer today...
"God please use this time to grow me into who you need now and in the future. " 
"Help me to handle this season better."
"I can't want for what comes next after this work you are doing."

Maybe you can relate or this helps in some way?

Something to think about...

No comments: