Wednesday, September 22, 2010

time out

You need a ‘time out’.
I am serious, you do!

Not because you are naughty.
And I have just caught you…
But because without giving yourself some self imposed ‘time out’ your life will be the lesser for it.

Let me explain.

With children we use it as a punishment.
A way of helping them with their behaviour now and ultimately their ability to make better choices in the future.
It is a discipline thing.
When it comes to us who are a bit older, we need the discipline thing, not to punish us, but to help us get through life in one piece.

By the time you read this I will be in the middle of my ‘time out’. I am making space for me to pray, meditate, think, ponder...all without my normal every day distractions.
I am doing this while driving 4 hours.
And to be honest I can not wait!

God took ‘time out’ after he created the world and everything in it.
Jesus took ‘time out’ especially in moments of sadness.
They thought it was a good idea...so I think it is a good idea for us.

Maybe you can look at it as a refreshing holiday for your soul? I dare you to give it a go.
Have a ‘time out’.
Get away for even a little while from your normal routine.
Pray, think, rest…
I dare ya!

Something to think about…

No comments: