Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Hiding

Maybe it is a human nature thing?
Maybe part of some inbuilt strategy to try and deal with things in our own way?
Whatever it is, many of us when things aren't the way we like or aren't going well, try and hide from God.

I hope this doesn't come across as too harsh...
But how does that work to our advantage?
How has that strategy really worked for you lately?

Check this passage out with me...

7 Where can I go from your Spirit?
    Where can I flee from your presence?
8 If I go up to the heavens, you are there;
    if I make my bed in the depths, you are there.
9 If I rise on the wings of the dawn,
    if I settle on the far side of the sea,
10 even there your hand will guide me,
    your right hand will hold me fast.
11 If I say, “Surely the darkness will hide me
    and the light become night around me,”
12 even the darkness will not be dark to you;
    the night will shine like the day,
    for darkness is as light to you.
Psalm 139:7-12 niv

There is no where you can truly hide from God!
And that is not a bad thing at all, it actually fantastic news...
You see God is desperate to love on you, minister to you, heal you and restore you.
Hiding doesn't get you there at all. In fact all it does is rob you of any form of hope.

Take a moment with me today to say this...
"God, I am not hiding from you - all I want is You and what you want for my life"
Let His peace come and bring something good to your soul.
He loves you and you and I know that we need Him desperately...

Something to think about...

No comments: